Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Weigh In Wednesday & Gym Time

So it's Weigh In Wednesday and I have come to a few conclusions over today's weigh in. First- I lost weight. Not much.. only 0.2 lbs. But, we ended up back down at my parents' house this weekend which meant lots of eating out and no exercise so to see any kind of a loss is a huge win in my book. However, since I started weighing in on Wednesdays (December 27th) for a challenge I was participating in, I've been taping my weekly weights on the wall. I counted them this morning- 10 weights. 10 weights/weeks times a 2 lb loss means I should have lost if not 20 lbs at least close to 20 lbs by now. Guess what I've lost since December 27th? 4.4 lbs. That's it. 4.4 lbs. That's unacceptable. I need to realize this weight isn't going to come off as easily as it did 10 years ago. I have to commit myself and STAY committed.

So with that said, my husband and I rearranged our schedule a bit. Before, he would take our daughter to school, hit the gym and then go to work. Then if I wanted to go to the gym, I could go in the evenings when he got home. The problem with that is- he gets off at 4. Guess what I'm doing at 4? I'm cooking dinner. After cooking dinner comes eating dinner. Then showers/homework. He can do the showers/homework part but I don't want to go workout right after eating dinner. I have before and it sucked. Nor do I want to go workout at 4 and then not even start cooking dinner until after 5. Yes we do crockpot meals but I can't do them every single day. So, now I take my daughter to school in the mornings and go workout while he stays home with our son. I finish before he has to leave and he's going to go to the gym straight from work. 

Today's the first day of the new schedule. We'll see how it works. 

I did go to the gym yesterday (he was off work). I did a 5k on the treadmill. My time wasn't nearly as good as my Color Run but it was the first time I had ran since then. (sad isn't it?!) So just the fact that I went and ran/walked it makes me super proud, I hit the gym again this morning but was only able to do 10 minutes on the treadmill. My legs were just too sore from yesterday and my shin splints were killing me. I'm thinking of investing in some compression socks. I think I've mentioned that before? Either way.. I need to research them a bit. I don't know anything about them other than that they are supposed to help with shin splints. 

Depending on how my day goes and what time my husband gets home, I might go to the zumba or yoga class tonight at the gym. I went to the zumba classes before my surgery in October and I really enjoyed them. But I don't care for the tot drop there and my son hates it as well. So it's hard to enjoy my workout when I'm stressing over my son. 


I'm thinking of changing my blog around a bit too and actually set up a domain so stay tuned for some changes. Still researching how I want to do that. 

Don't forget to check out Erin & Alex and join in on Weigh in Wednesday. Erin is setting up a dietbet for a $15 buy in. Check out her page if you'd like more information.

Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by! I'd love to hear how you did this week as well as any advice you may have for me!


3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work, a loss is a loss! I wear compression socks EVERY SINGLE TIME I run. I get horrible shin splints and they seem to help. I'm not sure if it's just in my head or what...they don't do huge miracles, I still have pain, just less than if I run without them. They are pretty expensive though. Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find morning workouts are so much easier to do! I don't usually get to the gym until 9:30, I have that luxury, and I've always been so impressed with working moms that fit it all in....you all deserve a medal! I bet once you get used to that first thing workout you are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A loss is a loss girl. So proud of you. And good luck on the new schedule.

    ReplyDelete